Interested in New Construction? Think About the Following…
While building a new home in Sacramento means that you can customize it to specifically fit your family’s needs, it doesn’t come without its considerations. These include:
- Make sure you’re taking your future needs into consideration. In other words, if you’re a newly married couple and are thinking about having 5 children, it’s likely that you don’t want to build a 3-bedroom home or skimp on kitchen space.
- Design is key. Regardless of how well-built your Sacramento home is, if it’s designed poorly, then you won’t get the most out of it. This includes kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom placement, proper lighting, as well as overall planning.
- Expertise is Vital. We have professionals on staff who have experience with every aspect of home construction, from siding and flooring, to decking and HVAC, so you’ll never have to spend more hiring extra outside experts for specific tasks.
Fortunately for our clients, Spectrum One utilizes the services of some of the most sought-after engineers and architects in the region to provide you with the ultimate in design. If you can envision it, the top tier professionals at Spectrum One can make it happen for you.
Here are some of the most common questions we receive from people looking to build their home in Sacramento.
Will My Home Construction Take a Long Time to Complete?
New home construction, as you might imagine, is a very labor-intensive process. It takes accurate planning, brainstorming, land and topographic changes into consideration as well as any specific city and zoning ordinances.
Another factor to consider when deciding on new home construction versus purchasing an existing home is timeframe. Clearly, it will take longer to design and construct your new home than it will be to find one already on the market, so if you’re in the need of immediate housing, new construction may not be a viable option.
With this in mind, in most instances, Spectrum One can complete your new home construction from start to finish in about 6 -12 months. Certainly there are a wide variety of factors that can impact this, including the size of your home, the amenities you’ve chosen to include, and much more. When we come to you for your home construction estimate, we’ll work with you to better understand your vision and offer suggestions and recommendations to see your ideas come to life.
Our estimates involve considerable planning and the expertise of a variety of professionally trained and knowledgeable builders, plumbers, electricians and specialists. This is why we’re proud to give you a firm estimate on the timeframe to completion after we understand your plans. This also allows you to make plans accordingly with your family and other life situations before moving into your new home.
We break down our construction process into ten distinctive phases – each of which combines numerous processes within itself. For example, we take great care in building a strong foundation upon which the rest of your home will be built. We also take the time to set up and install must-have features like cabinetry and countertops, so that you can move in and start getting the most out of your new home right away.
Spectrum One’s 10-Step New Construction Process
At Spectrum One, our professional new construction process occurs over 10 major phases. We follow this process no matter if your home is large or small, and it ensures that your home meets all applicable laws and regulations.
- Site Prep & Foundation – This includes clearing the site of debris, leveling the pad where your foundation will go, and installing a septic system, well (if your home will be located in a more rural area of the Sacramento region), and/or footings. Next, wooden forms are put up and your foundation is poured and allowed to cure. This helps ensure that your home is built on a strong, reliable foundation.
- Rough-in framing (floors, walls, and roof) is completed, and your home will be wrapped in a protective barrier to resist moisture and rot. Keeping moisture out is vital to ensuring that the underlying structures don’t decay, split, warp or bend.
- Plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems are installed, and completion of the roof will seal the interior of your Sacramento home. This helps protect your home from the elements while work begins on the interior
- Insulation is installed. This helps keep the temperature of your home consistent and helps save money and energy on heating and cooling bills. After this step…
- Drywall is hung and exterior features, such as stucco or fiber cement siding, are put in place as well. This provides the base structure for the various rooms.
- Interior trim (e.g. doors, baseboards, cabinetry, paint, etc.) is installed, along with exterior items like driveways. This is where your home begins to truly take form, and your ideas come to life.
- Wood flooring and countertops will arrive and be professionally installed, followed by
- Final electrical and HVAC parts (air registers, switch plates, etc.). We diligently double check and oversee all work to ensure that it is completed to your expectations.
- Any remaining punch list items, such as landscaping, mirrors, shower doors, etc. These are small touches that make a big difference in the customization and personalization of your home and each room.
- At last, we’ll reach the final walkthrough, where we’ll show you around your newly constructed Sacramento home, explain the features, and answer any questions you may have.
Although it sounds like a short process, you can rest assured that we take great care in each step to make your home move-in ready. You’ll be amazed at the skill we put into building from the moment we draw up the blueprints until we complete the final walkthrough.
And of course, if you have any questions along the way, you are welcome to ask our team of building experts. We’ll take the time to diligently explain the work we’ll be doing as well as answer and address any concerns you may have. New home construction in Sacramento is what we do, and we’d be delighted to take this journey together with you.
Is Spectrum One Considered a “Green” New Construction Builder?
Each of us here at Spectrum One are immensely passionate about building eco-friendly, yet functional and livable, homes in and around the Sacramento region, and we take a great deal of care to remain up to date on all the new happenings within the green new home construction industry.
If you’re interested in using green building materials in the completion of your home, such as solar panels, bamboo wood flooring or other green building items, talk to us about your wishes and we’ll work with you to make it happen. As one of the greenest cities in the nation, Sacramento often leads the way in innovative new building technologies that are clean, green and minimize environmental impacts.
So whether you’re looking to just save some money each month or to attain LEED Platinum status, Spectrum One is your green building solution.
How Much Does New Home Construction Cost?
How much it will ultimately cost to build your new Sacramento home is dependent primarily on its size, the amenities it includes, and site-specific factors such as permitting fees for the area in which you live, schools fees, and if you’ll need a septic system and/or a well dug.
In general, though, new home construction in the Sacramento region runs between $200 and $250 per square foot.
If you want to know exactly how much your new construction will cost, contact Spectrum One today to schedule your consultation. We’ll consult with you about the various features and amenities you would like your home to have, and give you a reasonable, accurate quote on the finished project.
Spectrum One: The Logical Choice for New Home Construction in Sacramento
New home construction is a huge decision and one that you shouldn’t take lightly. But wherever you live in the Sacramento region, once you’ve decided to make the leap, you must count on the professionals at Spectrum One.
You can trust the Sacramento home construction team at Spectrum One. Our combined years of experience, our knowledge of the area, and our eagerness to please are what make our many clients come to us again and again. Families who chose Spectrum One as their Sacramento home builder of choice recommend us to their now-grown children, who in turn have us build their first home! It’s this kind of legacy of trust and reliability that few Sacramento home builders can attest to – but it’s part of the way we do business at Spectrum One.
This is because we’ve been building new homes in the Sacramento area for more than 20 years, and have even formed great relationships during our many visits to City Hall. Not only do the permitting folks down there know us by name, but our commitment to 100% customer satisfaction has helped us forge long-term relationships with our clients as well. We understand the business of home building goes far beyond customer satisfaction. This is what we do – each and every year – helping to make homeowner’s dreams come true.
So whether you’re looking for a grand estate to live out your golden years, or you’re a young, growing family who’s interested in minimizing your environmental impact, Spectrum One has the skills and the experience to provide you with exactly what you’re looking for.
New home construction in Sacramento is a big choice and many big decisions will be yours to make. Don’t make them alone and don’t make them with an inferior team. Consult the experts at Spectrum One today for an accurate estimate and an unparalleled dedication to making your new home dreams come true.
To find out for yourself, give us a call today at 916-571-2830 to schedule your consultation.